Lane Powell Jordan, Author, National Speaker, Bible teacher, Recording Artist and Professional Life Coach, was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia. One of seven children, she enjoyed gymnastics, cheerleading, scouting and piano.
Lane graduated from Dykes High School (now Sutton Middle School) and went on to study Fashion Merchandising and Marketing at Auburn University, where she was also a member of Kappa Delta Sorority.
She later received a B.A. in Journalism and Broadcasting from Georgia State University in Atlanta. Early in her ministry, Lane served as the Associate Producer for the weekly television program, In Touch, with Dr. Charles Stanley, and also as the Editor of the First Baptist Church of Atlanta’s weekly newsletter, The Witness.
After living in Littleton, Colorado for eight years, Lane moved with her family to Frisco, Texas in the Dallas area in 2000. Lane has two very special daughters – Christi, a graduate of Baylor University, is married and Grace is a student at Oklahoma University. In 2007 God blessed Lane by bringing into her life her new husband, Scott, who encourages her and partners with her in this ministry.
The desire of Lane’s heart is to do all that she can for the Lord and for women of today.
A bit more about Lane…
Passions: Reading; studying God’s Word; spending time with her children; singing and writing; sports especially tennis, and being outdoors.
Favorite Verse: “And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.” Deuteronomy 6:5
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Favorite Movie: Too Many!
Favorite Food: Anything Chocolate!
Favorite Quote: “This too shall pass”
Interests: tennis, golf, walking, reading, needlework, traveling, decorating
Can relate to Lane because she has been single and understands the difficulties of handling all the demands of raising children and managing a household and finances while working outside the home.
Can relate to Lane because she has worked at different jobs with management responsibilities. She also understands the pressures of being her own boss, working from home and trying to develop a far-reaching ministry.
Can relate to Lane because she left the workplace, raising her daughters as her top priority. Lane understands the struggles of finding value and joy in the daily tasks of managing a household and raising children.
To serve and glorify God in whatever avenue He places in my life through speaking, singing, teaching, coaching and writing. To love, support, motivate and encourage women in all walks of life.
- A New, New Year’s ResolutionYes, I know. It’s the first of the New Year and we all have lists that sound somewhat like this: Exercise more (or for some of us, begin to exercise!) Eat healthy Get more sleep Accomplish more/procrastinate less Clear out the clutter in your home and life Etc., etc. But we all know we’re supposed…Lane Jordan
- Where is the Light?This is the time of year when we turn our thoughts to peace, joy and goodwill. But when I read the headlines or see the news on TV, I become very cynical, sad, angry and even fearful. “How could people treat other people like that,” I ask myself. “What happened to the Golden Rule where…Lane Jordan
- Does Gratitude Work?Gratitude. Does it work? I’ve heard for many years that being “thankful” will help change your life. I just read a book that I couldn’t put down, A Simple Act of Gratitude: How Learning to Say Thank You Changed My Life by John Kralik. Here was a man in his fifties, twice divorced, losing his…Lane Jordan
- Voting and Praying for AmericaWe are in a Presidential election year and there has never been one with such discord, contention, strife, dissension, opposition, harshness, inconsistency, name calling and general hatefulness. I don’t think these types of campaigns please God. In fact, I’m sure of it. So what are we to do? On March 30, 1863 – in the…Lane Jordan
- Dirtiest Places in Your Home – Part 2I heard some great comments about the last blog regarding all the dirty places in our homes! Many of these places we didn’t even know existed. I have some more to share with you this week: BBQ Grill – The grill, including the preparation area around it, may have more than double the bacteria of…Lane Jordan