Lane Powell Jordan, Author, National Speaker, Bible teacher, Recording Artist and Professional Life Coach, was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia. One of seven children, she enjoyed gymnastics, cheerleading, scouting and piano.
Lane graduated from Dykes High School (now Sutton Middle School) and went on to study Fashion Merchandising and Marketing at Auburn University, where she was also a member of Kappa Delta Sorority.
She later received a B.A. in Journalism and Broadcasting from Georgia State University in Atlanta. Early in her ministry, Lane served as the Associate Producer for the weekly television program, In Touch, with Dr. Charles Stanley, and also as the Editor of the First Baptist Church of Atlanta’s weekly newsletter, The Witness.
After living in Littleton, Colorado for eight years, Lane moved with her family to Frisco, Texas in the Dallas area in 2000. Lane has two very special daughters – Christi, a graduate of Baylor University, is married and Grace is a student at Oklahoma University. In 2007 God blessed Lane by bringing into her life her new husband, Scott, who encourages her and partners with her in this ministry.
The desire of Lane’s heart is to do all that she can for the Lord and for women of today.
A bit more about Lane…
Passions: Reading; studying God’s Word; spending time with her children; singing and writing; sports especially tennis, and being outdoors.
Favorite Verse: “And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.” Deuteronomy 6:5
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Favorite Movie: Too Many!
Favorite Food: Anything Chocolate!
Favorite Quote: “This too shall pass”
Interests: tennis, golf, walking, reading, needlework, traveling, decorating
Can relate to Lane because she has been single and understands the difficulties of handling all the demands of raising children and managing a household and finances while working outside the home.
Can relate to Lane because she has worked at different jobs with management responsibilities. She also understands the pressures of being her own boss, working from home and trying to develop a far-reaching ministry.
Can relate to Lane because she left the workplace, raising her daughters as her top priority. Lane understands the struggles of finding value and joy in the daily tasks of managing a household and raising children.
To serve and glorify God in whatever avenue He places in my life through speaking, singing, teaching, coaching and writing. To love, support, motivate and encourage women in all walks of life.
- Spring Cleaning – But Does it Spark Joy? – Part OneYep, it’s that time of year: Time to open and clean windows, flip mattresses, clean bedding and pretty much what-ever-cleaning-needs-to-be-done-now-that-the-weather-is nicer and we want to get our homes spruced up! But, is it all work or could we have a different kind of motivation behind it this time? A young Japanese woman’s book on decluttering…Lane Jordan
- The Resurrection of Christ – Was it Real?With Easter just a few days away, it’s time to really think and mediate over its real meaning. On what we now call Palm Sunday, the disciples were exhilarated as Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem revealed the joy of the masses for Him. It probably appeared to be a wonderful day for them – and…Lane Jordan
- This is a Cleaning Miracle!A couple of years ago my married daughter told me about a company called “Norwex”. Their cleaning microfiber is a breakthrough miracle and she told me I must start using it! Well, I have a hard time with any type of change and I love to clean with my Soft-scrub and sprays so I just…Lane Jordan
- Don’t Touch That!A large part of the country is still in the midst of winter with germs wanting to get us even though spring is just around the corner. But no matter what season, we need to be mindful that some of the things we have to touch every day are full of germs! …Lane Jordan
- Overboard!Have you seen the movie Overboard with Goldie Hawn and Kirk Russell? It is a 1987 American romantic comedy film, directed by Garry Marshall, and (don’t judge me) I know every line in the movie. It’s just such a sweet love story with genuine charm, wit and warm energy. At one point in the movie,…Lane Jordan